Day Two for our PLC facilitators involved learning and work centered around the essential learnings for our PLC/PLTs and the game plan for the first couple of weeks of teamwork. Our plan evolved to:
- Review of our PLC Essential Learnings
- Learning is our focus
- Collaboration is our culture
- Our decisions are based on results
- Review the four key questions
- What do we want every student to learn?
- How will we know if they are learning?
- What will we do if individual students are not learning?
- What will we do if individual students have already learned?
- Data mining for strengths, opportunities, and weaknesses from last year’s feedback survey
- Additional Game Plan work
- Gallery Walk of our teams’ individual game plans with Q&A with feedback
- Game plan development, presentation, and feedback
- Bo’s 3six5 post
- Formative Assessment Resource:
Popham, W. James. Transformative Assessment. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2008. Print.
- Tedx Talk suggestion:
Diana Laufenberg: How to Learn? From Mistakes
“Diana Laufenberg shares 3 surprising things she has learned about teaching — including a key insight about learning from mistakes.”