Our facilitator team chose to meet on Tuesday to debrief part I of our common lesson on PBL for our PLCs. Math/Science and English PLCs delivered part I on Monday, February 6.
Part I Lesson debrief –
- Have we really created a need to know about PBL?
- Was part I a prompt for prior knowledge? Will part II create a need to know?
- How are we grouping our PLC members?
- In discussions in PLC…the phrase “real-life” comes up often.
Part I next steps –
- PBL Menu of Resources (outside our network) for our PLC members, http://bit.ly/PBLresourceMenu (inside our closed network).
- Pick resources, watch and write for 25 minutes.
- I like… I wonder… I want to know more about… I’m confused by…
- Debrief in small groups. Pair with someone that used the same resource you picked. Read part or all of your writing. Remix to pair up with someone that used a different resource. Read part or all of your writing.